Banquet Chef Position
We are currently looking for a head banquet chef. Your focus would be direct training, supervision & proactive management of all Great Room & Back Bar culinary staff, as well as menu development, food production and presentation.
About Our Organization
Top of the Hill is a multi-faceted organization, consisting of the Restaurant & Brewery, a micro-Distillery, Back Bar, and our event space, the Great Room. This position is head banquet chef position at the Great Room and Back Bar at Top of the Hill. The Great Room is an all-inclusive event space, including catering services, which hosts private events from 30-300 guests. Events and clientele range from large corporate dinners and departmental business meetings to late night student bar parties to wedding ceremonies and receptions.
Located in the space once occupied by the legendary Carolina Theatre, The Great Room’s exposed brick and soft industrial feel gives a grateful nod to Chapel Hill’s past while simultaneously embodying its bright future with clean lines, hardwood floors and subtle interiors.
Determined by skills and/or experience
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Implement, train & maintain uniform culinary standards to ensure staff-wide continuity. Goal is to exceed customer expectations throughout the planning, preparation & execution of event.
- Supervise activities of assigned staff, communicate goals, and assign/schedule work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures. Positive, team oriented attitude is paramount to ensure success.
- Ensure that appropriate staff is scheduled & on hand at appropriate time during working hours. Must maintain standards set by management. This is an on-going daily process.
- Review all banquet event orders to ensure all menu items and set-ups are prepared
- Conduct daily shift briefings to colleagues
- Develop new menu items and concepts. Develop, test and cost out new menu items. Maintain updated and accurate recipes and costing of all dishes prepared and sold in assigned area of responsibility
- Follow payroll costs and productivity within budgeted guidelines
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Coordination with Sous Chef, Pastry Chef & Kitchen Team
- Attends weekly meetings to ensure guarantees and food products are correct.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and control costs.
- Oversee methods of preparation, portion sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction.
- Vendors – to order supplies and equipment and ensure best prices and quality
- Health Department and other regulatory agencies – regarding safety and kitchen inspections.
- Physical Requirements:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the kitchen
- Handling food objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, and kneeling
please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the message form below to apply.
100 E Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC, 27514